Thursday, July 28, 2005

and then there were...breast buds....

so i freaked out earlier. nothing new. but i SWEAR i dropped my girl off on saturday evening and she was fine. today she has what her pediatrician calls "breast buds".how do is it possible to grow breast buds in like 3 days? and,um, did that term exist in 1983? i don't remember it. i also didn't get the official talk until 2 of the pastors daughters were knocked up and i was 14. now do you all understand why i am at a loss here?! i was 11 when i started. i was the tom-boy girl on the block. did nothing but make mud-pies, play soccer and beat up any other kid who fucked with my baby brother(a lot of good that did huh?!)so when i carried my soiled drawers down the stairs to my mother (watching her afternoon soaps on a hot july day) i very bluntly stated "mom, i'm too young for this shit" ,shoved my underware into her face and began to bitch about how pads were going to interfere with my sports. and so it began. i really do think that i am still bitter about it all. not that i think it was all my parents fault. my mom just didn't know what to do i guess. gee, wonder where i get that from.....
dr. seymour suggested a book from the american girl series about caring for the body. i don't think that ainster will be able to handle the my body myself book or whatever it was called. i didn't get it so i don't get it....but my mind is at ease for a little while. the one suggested apparently has illustrations that the doc seems to think will be appropriate....wish me luck on my puberty learning adventure. viv la ovaries.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mama C-ta said...

I do wish you luck and know you both will come out of this OK :)

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home